This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

#2 The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

18812405

I hadn't even heard of this one until I saw it on Karen's list.  Apparently it is Mary Kubica's debut novel.  I enjoyed it. It is a suspense novel about a kidnapping gone wrong and then trying to figure out why and who's behind it all.  I saw on goodreads several people compared it to Gone Girl as it was under "if you liked Gone Girl you may like this one..." and many people/reviewers were disappointed as they felt this one was so poorly written in comparison.  I agree to a point.  This one was predictable, but it was so much cleaner that I actually preferred this one over Gone Girl.  I felt Gone Girl was smut and was/am embarrassed to admit I even read it.  This one doesn't go into all the sexual details which I prefer.  Call me a prude, I don't mind! 

As I was reading it I thought, Karen would love this one!  It's a page-turner with short chapters.  A very fast read with a twist at the end.  The last few books I've read have been so dark and depressing so I actually found this one kind of refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment