This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

#320 Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins

262430

I read this to get away from the heavier fare I've been reading; it seems like lately I've read a lot of stuff that was hitting me hard emotionally or taxing my brain cells, and I needed a little break. And this book was light enough to give the break, while still having enough action and a strong enough plot to keep my interest.

The "questers' (Gregor's word) in this story reminded me of the Fellowship of the Ring in the Lord of the Rings - the group is made up of representatives from different races (or species), and there is mistrust (and some superiority) between members of the different groups. Collins does a good job of showing the different "personalities" of the different types of animals, while giving each of the separate members of those groups some individuality as well. I hope, in the next few volumes, she gives us a better layout of the geography of the Underland itself. (And yes, I do plan on reading more of this series!)

~Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment