This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

#253 A Wrinkle in Time

I had a hard time getting into this book. I knew it was a classic, so it had to be a good story. I kept wondering why I couldn't get into it. I am not a huge fan of fantasy, I get lost in the made up words or names, my mind just doesn't follow things that don't make sense to me.
But for Karen, I struggled along...and so glad I did!!! The book started to pickup half way through and I then was able to follow the story line. It took me about 3 weeks of forcing myself to read the first half of the book, but only about 3 days to finish the last half.
This book is a great book on Good vs. Evil and is probably why it is a classic. Lots of great lessons in there.
some of my favorite parts:
"No, Meg. Don't hope it was a dream. I don't understand it any more than you do, but one thing I've learned is that you don't have to understand things for them to be." 

"Nothing is hopeless we must hope for Everything" -Mrs. Who quoting Euripides

"Like and equal are not the same thing at all"

"For the things which are seen are temporal but the things which are not seen are eternal"

"you mean your comparing our lives to a Sonnet? A strict form, but freedom within it?" "Yes" Mrs. Whatsit said. "You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment