This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Monday, February 23, 2015

#8 That Night by Chevy Stevens

18404248

A thriller about a teenage boy and girl being accused of murder and spending 15 years behind bars for a crime they never committed.  The couple was determined to clear their names once they got out and it was not easy dealing with small town politics, but after another murder and more crimes were committed their names were finally cleared.

The book was very dark with the use of drugs, drinking and just lying, cheating, sex and sneaking around.  The entire time I listened to the book I just felt, yuck.  So grateful I don't live the lifestyle and when I was a bit more ornery in my teenage years I was able to walk away and not look back.  Even though the couple was innocent, their lifestyle was so dark and it felt like it was just a matter of time before they would be behind bars, even though they didn't commit this crime. 

The bully in this book also hit close to home.  I could totally relate to having to deal with someone that is psychologically messed up and how this person messes with others people's lives and how they are able to control so many people.  I found it very interesting and right on as far as bullies go. 

I really didn't like the book.  It was way too dark for me.  It was sad and miserable and even the ending didn't make a person feel relieved.  So much bitterness and hatred and just sadness.  I read to escape, learn, grow and this book didn't do any of those things for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment