This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Friday, March 6, 2015

#194 In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

In Cold Blood

I know this one made Karen's list as it was the book chosen from our book club buddy, that is from Kansas, when we were reading books from our home state.  Neither one of us got around to reading it at that time and both of us had it on our list, until now.  I listened to the audio version of the book through the past week and felt the book to be so long and repetitive.  Parts of the crime was retold so many times I was just tired of hearing about it after awhile.  I did like hearing the backgrounds of the killers as it gives the reader some understanding why and how they were able to commit such crimes.  It really is just a sad story and I can't say I'm glad I read it, but I have been curious of it and have been wanting to read it so I'm glad I was finally able to get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment