This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#462 The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

3063499

It's no secret I am not a fan of Nicholas Sparks.  I feel he is over rated and writes the same story with the same characters, just different names.  This book was no different; we have the bad ex-husband/cop that mistreats his wife (cliché), the apparition or ghost that helps the wanderer along his/her path (both characters overly used in Sparks books) and even the location, the small town that helps the downtrodden turn their lives around by falling in love with the small town girl (or boy, depending on the book). Oh, and don't forget, there is always a death.  Always. Sparks books annoy me as they are redundant and lack originality. 

Karen and I had this conversation many times and she would laugh with me and even would agree, but she still enjoyed the stories.  So, I read this one for her because I do love her and will sacrifice my time and enjoyment by reading this book for her.  That's what friends do for each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment