This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#127 Saving CeeCee Honeycutt


I just loved this book!!!! I read it before and when I saw it on Karen's list I was so happy, that I quickly signed up to read it again. I normally don't read books multiple time, in fact this is the first book I have ever read  twice. I wouldn't have read it again but knowing I was reading it for Karen this time made me so excited. As I would get to a part in this book that I had remembered and enjoyed I would feel anxious as I envisioned Karen reading it and then I would hope she liked it as much as I did. This was fun, I may just have to reread some of my other favorites!!

This story is about a 12 year old girl who is basically caring for her mentally ill mother. The book begins with the mother dying in a horrible accident. CeeCee then finds herself in a new life, a life where for once she is taken care of and she truly feels love.
The story takes place in Atlanta Ga in the 1960's there is just something I love about the old south. 

Some of  my favorite quotes:

People is wise 'cause they get out in the world and live. Wisdom comes from experience - from known' each day is a gift and accepting it with gladness. you read a whole lot of books, and readin' sure has made you smart, but ain't no book in the world gonna make you wise."
___________
"It's how we survive the hurts in life that's brings us strength and gives us our beauty."
___________
“That's what friends should do. cherish the good and pretend not to notice the harmless rest.” 
_________

And this one just cracked me up and I hope I get the chance to say this sometime in my life.

"We just cleared up twenty years of bad karma. I feel thoroughly cleansed. This has been a spiritual enema."

No comments:

Post a Comment