This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gideon's Gift by Karen Kingsbury #27


289663

Gideon's Gift by Karen Kingsbury was the second book I chose to read with Karen.  Karen has listed several Karen Kingsbury books on her goodreads page so when I went to the library I just picked out the first one I saw.  I didn't read what the book was about, but was thrilled to see it was a short story.  However, once I got into the story I realized it was about a young girl that was dying from cancer.  Not what any of us feel like reading at this point in our life, after losing Karen to this awful disease, however, I kept reading and of course, with it being a Karen Kingsbury book, it had a happy ending.

~Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I still haven't touched the Fault in our Stars even though I know it is super popular and Regan wants me to read it. I just can't deal with the subject matter quite yet. Or maybe will ever be able too. . .

    ReplyDelete