This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Monday, June 22, 2015

#237 The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne

776407

I'm glad I finally got around to reading this one.  It's listed under BBC's 100 must-read books so I always enjoy checking off one, however, I am not a fan of the Pooh books.  They are just okay for me.  I do love the size of the book and cover and just the feel of the book, but I was bored throughout the stories.  I think kids today would find themselves quite bored with them, too, which is too bad. 

I was surprised to find out Eeyore is not the character Disney created.  He is a very sarcastic, negative, depressed, mean and very unlikable character!  I can see why Disney would change it as no one would like him in the cartoons if he was the same character as the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment