This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

#85 Red Velvet Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke

15811630

I remember Karen was introduced to this series by a book club member when she had chosen one of Fluke's books to read as a group.  Karen and our fellow member both enjoyed the books and continued to read the series. 

I have only read the first book in the series (with the book club and Karen) and never read anymore until this one.  These books remind me of "Murder She Wrote" or some other mystery show on perhaps Lifetime television.  A family friendly detective story with recipes to boot!

Since I have only read one other of her books I didn't follow the relationships that I assume were developed in previous books (such as one of the murder victims that that the entire town hated, I didn't know why she was hated, it was just alluded and assumed that the reader would know from the previous books). 

It's a cute yet cheesy story.  Everything ends perfectly and the town is happy and everyone praises the small town hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment