This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Friday, April 17, 2015

#4 The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks

17407748


I'm not too proud to admit, I actually liked this Nicholas Sparks book.  It didn't have anyone die or have cancer; although it was filled with clichés and some moments I had to sit back and roll my eyes.  However, I enjoyed the story of the bull rider falling in love with the fine art's student.  Two people from opposite ends of the world, with little in common, other than they just clicked and made it work pretty much sums this story up.  It also shared the story of a Jewish couple, during the 1940's to present and how both couples ended up crossing paths or playing a role in each other's lives.

I read this one because my friend wanted to see the movie so I quickly read it (didn't get it read in time) and watched the movie.  The movie was just okay and of course, way different.  I was disappointed in how they turned the story around and made Ira and Sophia have this deep connection when in (book) reality, they only spoke one time.  Just so many differences that it bugged me. 

Anyhow, this is my last Sparks book on Karen's list.  The rest will be covered by my fellow readers.  I do think Karen would have loved this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment