This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

#370 The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick

318016

"I look down at the book, and think about the heartbreak that I know is waiting for the March family and their friends.  Just like real life, not all stories end happily.  Sometimes friends betray us, and the people we love don't always love us back. Sometime people die or leave us.  I don't know yet if there will be happy ending for me and my family.  If life were a book would I want to skip ahead to the ending?  Or would I rather wait and read along to find out, like Emma said? I'm not sure.  I close Little Women and set it on the table."

Karen would have loved this book.  I am just certain she would have and then she would have messaged me and told me that I too, would love this book.  We both are fans of Little Women (me probably more so than her, but I know for sure she loved them, too). 

This book is about 4 girls that read Little Women with their moms for an entire year.  All 4 girls are different and unique from one another, very much like the March/Alcott girls and how they all had different likes and personalities.  It shares their stories and what they are going through and each girl is a little alike one of the March girls in the book.  It takes place in Concord, Massachusetts, where Little Women was written so the location played a role in the book, too. 

The book is a sweet juvenile read.  I will pass it down to my daughter and have her read it so we can discuss it, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment