This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Friday, May 1, 2015

#182 Something Borrowed

                                                          Image result for something borrowed book
After reading several of my least favorite genre I needed something fast and easy to read. I asked Mandy for suggestions and did she deliver!!! This is the first of a series, Mandy read the second one, Something Blue, earlier.
This is as Mandy said in her review, "a soap opera in written form". When it was suggested to me, I was told it's one of those books you'll be embarrassed for reading and she was right.
The main character (Rachel) and her best friend (Darcy) have been friends since elementary school.
Darcy has the charmed life and everything and everyone come easy to her, which makes her less appreciative. Rachel is the friend in the background who for years has cleaned up after Darcy's mistakes and sits in the shadows as she watches her friend shine. Kind of a "whoa is me" attitude is how I would describe Rachel. Then things change when Darcy's fiance (Dex) and Rachel end up in bed together.
The whole story made me sick as it seemed to justify the betrayal since Darcy always gets what she wants and it's time she learn the hard lessons everyone else learns. It also justified it as Rachel and Dex had feelings for one each other long ago but never acted on it so now it's okay to do so. <eye roll>
This story also made me sick because I would find myself being pulled into it, and I like to think I am smarter then this ( So good job Emily Giffin).
As you can see I was not a fan of this book!! However it did serve it's purpose and it read quickly and kept my interest throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment