This Blog is Dedicated to our dear friend Karen.
When she left this life she left a hole in our hearts as well as several to be read books.
We, her friends, will read these books for her.
This blog will be a sort of book club for us to post our thoughts and feelings about the stories and feelings we have of Karen while we read.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

#242 I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak

19057

I loved how the book starts out with friends quarreling during a bank robbery.  I literally laughed out loud and read it aloud to my husband as it was so unlikely and inappropriate.  I knew I was going to enjoy this book just by the first few sentences.

Ed is given challenges throughout the book to help other people.  He doesn't know who is behind the project, but knows he has to complete it.  Ed grows as a person and helps many people along the way.  It reminded me of Pay it Forward as well as A Christmas Carol (not sure why the latter, but it did).  My only complaint would be is how the author goes into Ed lusting for different women and goes in detail.  I was going to recommend this to my son, but now feel uncomfortable recommending a book that is filled (okay, just a few times) with a 19 year lusting for women and what he wants to do to them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment